- This event has passed.
Tuesday Night Corktown Sessions
November 16, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until December 31, 2021
Good news, we will be restarting the Celtic music session at the Corktown, next Tuesday, October 12th, 7 – 9.30 pm. The Provincial decision to require full vaccination of restaurant patrons was a major factor, as well as lower Covid numbers.
We recommend you reserve in advance if you are coming to the Corktown, since Jim is keeping total attendance to 50 at this time.
After extensive discussion at the Hamilton Irish Arts/Comhaltas AGM yesterday evening, it was decided we still need to be careful but can be a bit more flexible, such as allowing all types of instruments as well as singing. Yes, tin whistles are allowed, Richard!
Updated session rules:
- Vaccination status – Entry to the pub requires proof of full vaccination
- Pub patrons need to remain seated, as in normal restaurant rules
- Number of musicians at a time – 5 to 8, appropriately spaced
- Change/rotate – if more than 5 or 8 present, rotate musicians so everyone gets to play
- Distancing – at least 3 feet between musicians and 6 feet between musicians and audience
- All instruments allowed, plus singing
- No dancing
- Equipment – Denis will bring his Fender amp as before. It has two mic inputs and two line inputs. Denis has two mikes and Paul will bring two more mikes. Denis has acquired two mic-to-line matching cables so we should be able to run four mikes. That will minimize handling of mikes as well as being much more convenient. Denis will bring wipes for the mikes as well
- Session leadership – Jim and the Executive want Denis to lead for now to make sure everything flows smoothly
- Jim is limiting seating in the pub to 50, so please make a reservation if you plan to attend
- There will be a sign in sheet. If necessary, priority will be given to HIA members
- We will not be asking Jim for drink tickets or financial donations at this point
Thank you in advance for your consideration of these requirements.
Any questions, just email me.