2020 Chicago eFleadh Update:
The Midwest Fleadh Committee is happy to announce that, although there will be no official fleadhanna this year due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Murphy Roche will instead host a virtual fleadh, an e-Fleadh that will take place the same weekend of the original Midwest Regional fleadh: May 15-17. This is a non-qualifying, non-official event. Our goal is to offer entrants an opportunity to present a recorded performance that will be reviewed by a qualified adjudicator and receive feedback.
In keeping with the fleadh theme: Pacing ourselves on the road to excellence, entrants will have the opportunity to have their recorded performance evaluated and ranked as achieving a gold, silver or bronze standard.
As a reminder, this is a non-qualifying competition. Due to social distancing issues, only solo entries will be permitted. We regret that no accompaniment, ceili band drum or bodhran entries will be permitted since these would require a second musician. In addition, to avoid any issues with future official fleadh qualification, no newly composed songs or tune entries will be accepted.
Entrants must register no later than May 1. Upon registration, entrants will be assigned an entry identification number and required to submit a recorded performance no later than May 9 for adjudicator evaluation. The number of tunes/songs and type required will be according to the standard fleadh rules and must be submitted in a single, unedited recording, per the (simple) format instructions you will receive upon entry.
- Entries will be adjudicated by qualified adjudicators with written feedback, and a determination of Gold, Silver or Bronze standard. Gold standard awards will be limited to three per competition; however, ranking is at the adjudicator’s discretion. As with the official fleadh, adjudicators may withhold the awarding of a gold standard, should entrants fail to reach a meritorious standard.
- Submissions will be adjudicated based on audio recordings of entrants with rules and parameters similar to CCE fleadh rules with some exceptions (i.e. airs player would submit the two airs they want feedback on plus their list of airs; singers would perform a lively and slow song along with their list of songs; soloists would submit their entries as per fleadh rules). Audio submissions must be presented in a single audio file for adjudicator review. Here is the link to the audio submission form: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSfSAzTp4gxYMd3ek…/viewform…
- At the time of submitting audio files, competitors must certify the recording is their own work.
- The registration deadline is 5/1. Registration is available on the Murphy Roche Irish Music Club website: murphyroche.org.
- Upon registration, entrants will be assigned an entry identification number then will be required to submit a recorded performance no later than May 9 for adjudicator evaluation. Recordings must be submitted under the entrant number as assigned at registration. Recordings that in any way identify the entrant by name will be disqualified.
- Adjudicators rate recordings on 5/15-16 and supply outcomes on 5/17
- Competitors desiring feedback only without ranking to the gold/silver/bronze standard should note that request at the time of registration.
- Any entrant experiencing hardship issues can private message the fleadh committee at email@example.com for a request of his/her registration fees to be waived.
- Awards will be made in the form of certificates of achievement.
Please direct all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kell Chole, MA.Ed
Murphy Roche Irish Music Club and School of Irish Music
11309 72nd Street
Burr Ridge, IL 60527-4938 USA
Web Site: murphyroche.org
Mise le meas,
CCE North American Provincial Secretary